Thursday, September 08, 2005

Lots of good restful sleep last night, which made me a happy camper this morning. There is not a tense bone in my body anymore. I am completely relaxed and enjoying every minute of it. The most ambitious things I've done today so far (outside of exercise and therapy) were going to an independent bookstore downtown and mailing 3 postcards. I am slowly making my way through my stack of books.

Treatment 4

Good progress today! My leg measured smaller in the foot, but the biggest improvement came because the tissue around the ankle has softened noticeably. Peter definitely has an advantage over other therapists, because of his natural approach. We suspect the castor oil packs he started using yesterday are the reason for the softening.

At this point, we feel my body is mostly detoxified. You can tell, because the lymph nodes under the arm and at the top of the leg are not tight or sore when massaged. My system is largely cleaned out, and I must say, it's a great feeling!

The main goal now: work on that tissue around the foot and ankle to see if we can get it to soften and drain further. The long-term plan is to go on enzymes for 6-12 months that break up protein. This is a sacrifice (one more expense) and they have to be taken twice a day one hour before meals.

Still, I'm probably going to do it. I've invested time and resources in this whole process to make it happen, and I want to see it through to completion. If we can break up this area, it will affect my circulation for the rest of my life.

I'm encouraged and hopeful. And I'll admit I was slightly surprised to see the softening today. Surprised, but grateful.

Thank you, dear friends, for your continued support and prayers. Tune in tomorrow when Suzie makes a running list of things she's thankful for...it just might be a lengthy entry! Bye for now.

No comments: