Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Jesus Heals Lymphedema

I just knew that header would get your attention. The other day I was in the middle of my massage therapy, and I told the therapist, Peter, that there is a place in the Bible where Jesus healed dropsy (the old word for lymphedema). He was very curious, saying Jesus did lots of miracles, and he wanted to know exactly what the circumstances were...

Luke 14
Jesus at a Pharisee's House 1One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. 2There in front of him was a man suffering from dropsy. 3Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?" 4But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him away.

I didn't remember this passage at the time, but I said Jesus did this somewhere in the book of Luke. And then I blurted, "Maybe Jesus will heal my lymphedema." And I think he chuckled, and I know I smiled, but inside I'm thinking....I'm not really kidding. :)

How amazing to think that just as Jesus made a priority of helping this man suffering from lymphedema, on the Sabbath no less, he has made a way to heal us completely in the forever tomorrow we will share with him. Can Jesus heal me right here, right now? Yes, if he so chooses. Will he heal me completely? Yes, someday he will. And maybe I will have the distinct privilege of meeting the lymphedema guy who made it into the pages of the Bible. We'll be the ones dancing for joy on perfect legs. Yes, I'm happy to report, Jesus does heal lymphedema.

Treatment 3

Not much progress today. I had a bad night of sleep and I took the bandages off. They are tight and hard to sleep with. We wrapped the leg more lightly today, and I just might make it through the night with the bandages on...and hopefully get some sleep.

Peter says the tissue in the ankle is quite hard and is unsure how much we'll be able to break it down. Keep praying. The only thing we can do is some hard rolling and pressing on that area, and Peter recommends I take some enzymes that break down protein. We definitely moved some toxins out of the system today, as the hydrogen peroxide foamed up more than yesterday.

Keep praying. I'm not discouraged, just tired and slightly grumpy. :)

On a lighter note, I ate mung beans for the first time and they are quite tolerable. Good thing.

I also met a special friend at the YMCA...the lifeguard who looks to be about 22 years old took a liking to me...if only he knew I am almost 33 years old. One of these days I will grow up and look my age. Smiles!

No comments: