Sunday, November 09, 2008

What the Internet can do for you

Intrusive, mechanical, removed...the Internet often feels this way to me. And so I often feel that my facebook/email/blogging persona is a different person. And the part of me that's real and longs for connection with a real person sitting next to me sometimes wishes for more.

And yet.

And yet the Internet has transformed my life, practically speaking. And I can be a very practical girl.

Consider some of these technological wonders:
-Wedding jewelry for $20 on ebay. Check.
-Long torso swimsuits from the clearance section of landsend.com. Check multiple times.
-Keeping in touch with 50 friends around the country courtesy of facebook. Priceless.
-Discovering how to properly fold a fitted sheet on about.com. Yes, I actually did this. I'm not ashamed.
-Posting wedding pics for the world to see on this very blog. Pure sappiness...er, happiness!
-Looking up "football" on wikipedia to show my husband I love him. Nope, I'm still clueless there.
-Google search of available ingredients to find perfect recipe. I'm a pretty doggone good pseudo-cook now.
-Amazon.com. Need I say more?
-Freelance work courtesy of an old colleague on linkedin. Bonus!
-Meeting your husband. (Duh, can't believe I forgot this one. Thank you, eharmony!)

How about you? How have the wonders of the Internet changed your life for the better...please post!

No comments: