Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The glory of a shiny, spankin'-new macbook pro


As of yesterday, I own a new laptop. And it sings...
OK, it doesn't actually sing at me, it's just lightning fast, with like amazing interactivity, new programs, a magnetic plug-in cord and a killer sound system. And for pete's sakes, I can now make little Suzie and David videos to post on my blog! Think of the possibilities, people. I think my husband's pc laptop is jealous or something. This thing smokes. There, now--that's a better verb for it.

I already have 6 widgets on my desktop. i.e., little boxes that connect automatically to things on the web, keeping me up to date on the weather, the time, 3 separate to-do list, new messages on my gmail account, a dictionary/thesaurus and this crazy little widget called "cashboard timer" that allows me to track my billable hours for freelance clients by client and project. (No more math in my head!)

Then there's iphoto, imovie...I can make my own web pages, too. And the sad truth is, I think I might even dream tonight about all I might accomplish on this little laptop.

I'll close with this funny story about booting up a brand new macbook pro. So I pushed the on button for a razzle dazzle presentation introducing me to this glorious new wonder. When the multimedia frenzy stopped, I looked up to see myself in the screen. Yikes! The small built-in isight camera was trying to snap a picture of me. And there I sat in my workout gear, hair back in a ponytail and a headband, completely stunned and confused.

When I got over my amazement, I snapped the picture at the top of the post with a special effect for my ichat account. Snappy, isn't it?

That's all for now, folks. Come back soon!


2 comments:

Cal said...

It's always a sad thing to see a promising young Jedi start down the path to the Dark Side... next thing you know, she'll be using Linux. :-D

Congrats! Truth be told, I'm toying with crossing over with my next studio computer. "Help me, Obi-Wan - before it's too late!"

Suzie said...

Just do it. You'll never look back...

And fewer untimely crashes in your little studio, too!

Cheers!