Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Dad was released from the hospital last night and is resting comfortably at home.

A quote I've thought on today:
"One of the secrest of a happy life is continuous small treats."
-Iris Murdoch

When I remember to thank God for things both great and small, my heart expands. I am more at peace, I strive less, I appreciate the things I have more.

Some of the simple things for which I'm grateful:
-the aroma of a sweet almond candle
-the feel of soft yarn as I knit a fluffy scarf
-any kind of dark chocolate
-the daily comfort of God's Words to me in Scripture
-hugs from those who care
-genuine smiles from strangers
-the unfettered laughter of a child
-the exercise of body and mind
-the feel of sleeping in on a rainy, cold day...

...and so much more. I pray you find joy in life's blessings today.

No comments: