Friday, December 08, 2006

Dad's Recovery

Dad has now been transferred to a regular room. In fact, he has the room all to himself, which gives him extra rest and peace and quiet.

No word on the white blood cell count yet--although the steroids may cause the elevated count.

He's somewhat uncomfortable from lying on his back, but we're hoping they get him up and about this morning. The doctor also said the 17 stitches in his head will remain there for quite some time.

It looks like I'll be staying home in Michigan this weekend. It's been a terribly crazy week, and I need to get some rest.

That's the update. I leave you with this prayer from St. Francis:

Christ be beside me, Christ be before me, Christ be behind me, King of my heart. Christ be within me, Christ be below me, Christ be above me, never to part.

Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left hand, Christ all around me, shield in the strife. Christ in my sleeping, Christ in my sitting, Christ in my rising, light of my life.

Christ be in all hearts thinking about me, Christ be in all tongues telling of me, Christ be the vision in eyes that see me, In ears that hear me, Christ ever be.

No comments: