Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bummer...

"Bummer" is the word one of my coworkers used when I first heard of the severity of dad's cancer. There are times when it seems to sum up my feelings perfectly.

Dad was diagnosed with pneumonia in his right lung this evening. It's hard to see him have to fight so hard for his health. Mercifully, he still has his own hospital room, which allows him a bit of peace in between blood draws from the nurses.

I drove down to Indiana today and will come home tomorrow afternoon.

Another dear friend Martie is in the hospital today as well...her precious baby boy was delivered safely at 10 this morning! A reminder that God is still watching over each life, each day that he has given us.

Until next week...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The hospital my mom usually ends up in plays chimes throughout the whole place when a baby is born. I'm sure different people look at it different ways. For me and my mom though we think it's really cool to know life is being brought into the world just as life is leaving it. It brings a smile to her face and even though she's heard it dozens of times she'll always say along these lines, "Ooo another baby born!"

We continue to pray for your dad, you, and your family. Blessed is His name for the life He gave us and the life He will give us.