Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crafty, crafty

Don't consider myself much of a "craft" type person--but I do enjoy crafts. So when I find something I can do, that looks halfway decent and has some functionality attached to it, it's actually fun. 

So since my 7-year-old and 3-year-old niece are here visiting for a few days, we decided to get crafty. We used a wonderful invention called "washable paint." Then we let it dry, reapplied a coat, etc. Finally, last night Uncle David helped us as we decorated our frames, each with our own theme.

There was the beach theme. Voila...




The ever-popular barnyard theme with a twist...the three-year-old could not live without a wild pink flamingo on her farm...er, frame. The results were stunning.
























And then, finally the "Aunt Suzie" theme.



















I know, I know, I need to locate a good picture. And in case you're wondering, Uncle David judged these masterpieces, and awarded us "most colorful," "best overall," and "most creative," respectively.

To tell the truth, I think he was most taken with our sidewalk art:


















Cheers!

No comments: