Wednesday, May 21, 2008

update from the Mr. and Mrs.

Oh, my aching neck
Ouch! Don't ask me how I threw my neck out while standing at the kitchen counter last week...maybe it had something to do with moving boxes and situating stuff. In any case, I've seen a new chiropractor here twice in the last 5 days, and I'm more sore than ever! Where is my old chiro when you need him? Anyway, there's something very humbling and gratifying about having your husband pray over you for consecutive days straight. Thank you, David. Hope to be back to the old Suzie soon.
Then there was Barnes & Noble
And while we were there the other night, David bought a best-selling novel, The Shack. USA Today said it was too "edgy" for Christians and too "Jesusey" for others. A David/Suzie book review will come later.
And also at B&N
Suzie attended a writing group last night and made some fast friends in April, Tom, and Helen. She came home bouncing off the walls, and her happiness made David happy. A very stimulating conversation, indeed! I was especially tickled that those in the writing group were not put off by me working for a Christian book publisher. I'm eager to make new friends, wherever I can find them.
Wedding pictures should be here anytime now...

No comments: