Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Puttering

It's hopeless. Just when I sit down to do important work, a study I've been procrastinating on pretty much all week, technology calls.

First, I had to type in my "thumbs down" to the new facebook layout.
Then I had to visit one of my favorite blogs.
There was an email from my mother that required a two-word response.
And now there is the sacred page.

Blast.

I must stop my silly procrastination exercises before I turn 37. If I'm still using surfing the web as a convenient excuse to put off work by the time I'm 40, I'm turning in my badge. 

I'll be moving on to my Biblestudy of Hannah now. Technically, I've already moved past her infertility struggle, so I may be 1/4 of the way finished. Time to...stop puttering. 

2 comments:

Cal said...

I am SO with you on that - when I do get some time to work in the studio, the one-eyed monster rears its ugly head, trapping me on email, Facebook, and other useless crapola.

Vicki's set a program on my Mac (MacMinder) that shuts off the internet after a certain time, but still - at my age, you'd think I'd be able to get my act together.

Puttering. Too true. :-D

Erin said...

Ditto. Hence my Facebook fasting during Lent. It's amazing to me how many times I almost go to that page, as though the world waits with bated breath to find out what I'm doing at the moment. Silliness.