Friday, January 30, 2009

The Day I Wore My Wedding Dress, part 2

The other Saturday the husband and I did something that felt strange, but familiar. We donned the wedding garb again, and our good friend Jayne sewed me back into the dress, and a new hairstylist, Kelly, came to the house and swept my hair up in a flash. We recreated the bouquet and such with silk flowers. We looked like we did just 9 months prior, except for the weight the husband has dropped. It sort-of transported us to the day we said "we do," the day everything changed from flying solo to sharing everything.
We decided to pose for some wedding portraits at a local botanical conservatory, and I have to tell you I wasn't excited about it. It felt like -17 below outdoors, and I was nervous about getting in the place with the dress and all intact. But we braved the weather, and in the end, we had more fun than I could have anticipated.
There we were, all dressed up in finery, but without the "what ifs" of the wedding day. Without the nervous jitters, without the questions, without the feeling that we were about to drop off a cliff for an exhilarating jump. There is nothing wrong with comfortable. The truth is that feeling of comfort and security is warm and bright, relaxed and freeing.
And it happened to show on our faces. Except I'm not really showing you our faces here. Just teasing you with the beautiful hand shot. If you really want to see the rest of the photos when they come in, at least five people will have to comment on this blog post to say so. I don't want to drag out this wedding experience for a year, people. So you'll have to let me know if you're interested. Because the last thing I want to be is the one that forces people to fawn over countless wedding photos.
Fuhgetaboutit. And don't even think for a minute I'll post the kissing shots. Even I have some public schmaltz limits. But I will say this--ask me anyday, David, and I would happily marry you all over again.

7 comments:

Cal said...

POST THEM PICS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

please post em.

Anonymous said...

that was me, janet-
I forgot to sign my anonymous post.
(does this count for three?)

Anonymous said...

Hellooooooooooooo! Post the pcs k!
Me

Suzanne Cross-Burden said...

Hey all: I have to tell you, the pics turned out fabulous! 2 more posts, and we're in business!

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I love to read blogs like this. By the way add more pics :)