Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A sneak peek at our wedding

Attention: For all of those who have prayed for our friend Jack, our prayers have been answered in a big way! We visited together last night, and it was such a joy to see him sitting, walking, and talking--he even prayed for me. And, he plans to WALK ME DOWN THE AISLE. It was a big prayer, to be sure, following his heart attack just 3 weeks ago. To say we are thrilled is an understatement. We are grinning from ear to ear.


And now, for our faraway friends who can't be with us Saturday, a sneak peek at our vows--the most important part of the day.

Enjoy...

Suzie, I rejoice at the love God has brought to us—and I can't wait to become your husband. Today, I pledge to seek first to find the security, value, and love I crave from my heavenly Father. I acknowledge I am accountable to God for the attitude of my heart and my choices. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will do my best to love you as Christ loves the church, offering agape love to you through my thoughts, words and actions; to pray for you and with you; to bring out the best in you; to share and delight in your joy and also to share your struggles; to care for you in sickness and in health; to forgive you quickly when I have been offended; and to adventure with you into the future God has called us to, until death parts us.

David, I rejoice at the love God has brought to us—and I can't wait to become your wife. Today, I pledge to seek first to find the security, value, and love I crave from my heavenly Father. I acknowledge I am accountable to God for the attitude of my heart and my choices. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will do my best to offer agape love to you. I will seek to respect you through my thoughts, words, and actions; to follow your lead and submit to you; to pray for you and with you; to bring out the best in you; to share and delight in your joy and also to share your struggles; to care for you in sickness and in health; to forgive you quickly when I have been offended; and to adventure with you into the future God has called us to, until death parts us.

No comments: