Thursday, March 06, 2008

51 days...but who's counting?


Dearest friends:

I am a pathetic blogger these days...but a happy bride-to-be!

David and I had our first shower on Sunday at his church in Indiana...40 women attended! I was humbled and awed by their generosity and their welcoming spirits. My favorite gift? A toss-up between the laundry sorter from Target (3 bins!) and the Kate Spade candle holders (we did not register for these but they are amazing!) David's favorite gift: the pizza stone. Gotta love a guy who can cook...who makes you a frittata on Sunday mornings before church. In the future, I might even get him to serve me breakfast in bed! :)

The journey is sweet, albeit hectic at times, and our family and friends are wonderfully supportive and encouraging.

I'll be back soon with musings on what it will mean to share our problems and our peanut butter, the dailiness and the divine of married life.

51 days. We still can't believe it. But we're quite simply, overjoyed.
Talk to you soon.

No comments: