Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dad goes home

Dear ones:

Dad slipped away peacefully, mercifully, at around 9 am this morning. He went "home"--to heaven--the place he had mentioned for several days after my sister finished reading the 23rd Psalm and as my mom sang the song "Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name." One of his favorites.

I was en route to Indiana when he passed and called just in time to hear my mom say he had taken his last breath. But all was as it should be, as I had my special moments with him just last Sunday and felt in my heart that might be the last time we spent together here on earth.
Thank you for holding our family up in prayer through these last many months of trial. We already miss dad's gentle spirit, and his laugh, and his affection, but he is with Jesus now, where he has always belonged. How thankful I am to know this, to be able to celebrate even as we grieve.

With joy and some sadness,
Suzie


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him--but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit." I Corinthians 2:9-10

3 comments:

Cal said...

Dear, dear friend - our hearts go out to you, your mom and the rest of your family. You remain in our hearts and prayers.

mark said...

Suzie, I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I am glad that you and your family can rest on the fact that your dad is with his loving heavenly father for all eternity. You will be in my prayers.

Your friend,

Mark

Jerry MacDonald said...

I feel the day of our deaths as a saved person is the most joyous day of our lives. I hope you find solace in this time. May God be with you and your family until the time you see your dad again.