Monday, January 15, 2007

Dad Returns Home

Thank you again for your prayers for my father. His thinking seems to be clearing, and he is resting at home now. My mom’s update below that was sent this last weekend.

Hello again!

Thank you for your prayers for us this week. Dick came home from the hospital this afternoon. The confusion was probably caused from dehydration and possibly the chemo. He also had an infection he got from taking antibiotics for infection--so he has a new antibiotic. Medicine is interesting--and frustrating.

The doctor says no going to church tomorrow--just rest. He begins physical therapy at home next week. They want to do a "walking EEG" on his brain (he wears a brain monitor for a few days ) but none are available until the 22nd.

His hearing loss is even worse than before so if I happen to be talking to you and enunciating my words slowly and clearly--sorry! I continue to work as much as possible. I can't thank the church enough for all they have done for me!!!!

I guess our prayer request would be just to keep Dick from infection and to help us evaluate the chemotherapy procedure.

Dick spent a lot of time on the computer reading your e-mail and was encouraged by it. God has proven His faithfulness and we can't thank Him and you enough!!!!

I pray you will be blessed as you have blessed us.

Anita

No comments: